How to Make a Cappuccino at Home
You can easily make a Cappuccino at home with just a few ingredients and items you already have in your kitchen. It is made using three ingredients: Espresso coffee, steamed milk, and milk foam.
Most people like one third of each of these three ingredients, but if you need a bit more caffeine, you can also increase the amount of espresso you add.
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||SERVES|
|5 minutes||0 minutes||1|
- 1/3 Espresso Coast Roast Organic Espresso
- 1/3 Steamed Milk
1/3 Milk Foam
Directions1. Make your espresso or coffee as you usually do. You can make it in your drip coffee pot, French press, or pour over.
2. Steam your milk. You can do this in one of two ways.
4. In your coffee cup, add in your espresso, then your milk, and top it with your milk foam.
That’s it! It’s easier than it sounds, and you do not need a fancy machine to make it.
Yes, it won’t have those cute designs on top that you get when you order from your local coffee shop, but it will taste just as yummy (or even yummier since you put your heart into making it)!
Variations for Your Cappuccino at Home
While the traditional way to make it is 1/3 of all three ingredients, there are several ways to change it up and make it your own.
Here are just a few options.
• Increase the Amount of Espresso: If you enjoy a Cappuccino at home with a bit more caffeine, or a “double” Cappuccino, you can increase the amount of espresso and decrease the amount of steamed milk and milk foam. The breakout for this would be ½ espresso, ¼ steamed milk, and ¼ milk foam.
• Add Flavors: You can also add some syrup or a sweetener to change the flavor. Some of the flavors we typically use include:
- Sugar Free Flavors: Most of these are also available in sugar free varieties.
Other Additions: You can also use a few things you might already have around your house.
Chocolate: You can grate up some chocolate and add it to the top. If you love a chocolatey flavor, you can also add more grated chocolate after you add the espresso and steamed milk and before you add the milk foam.
Vanilla Extract: You can also add some vanilla extract. I would add just a few drops at a time until you get your desired flavoring.
Cinnamon: You can also add in a little Cinnamon from my spice cabinet. Sometimes I’ll add a little chocolate and cinnamon together.
The great thing about making your Cappuccino at home is that you can mix and match flavors to make something your own. You can also have different flavors each morning with very little extra work.
Enjoy and let us know how you like to change up your morning coffee routine!