Morning Mocha Java Smoothie Recipe
Our Morning Mocha Java Smoothie recipe will get you everything you need to start your morning out right. It includes coffee, bananas, peanut butter, and a few other ingredients that will also keep you satisfied until lunch.
You’ll start with some fresh brewed coffee. You can either make it in the morning or the evening before. I typically make up a pot of coffee in the evening and store it in the fridge overnight. This cuts down on the time it takes to brew the coffee and wait for it to cool down a little bit. I usually make up enough coffee for three to four days of smoothies, which will make this super easy to make in the morning.
The sweetness comes from the bananas. You can use either fresh or frozen bananas. I like using frozen bananas as it makes this Morning Mocha Java Smoothie a little thicker.
You will then mix the coffee, frozen banana, peanut butter, cocoa powder, and some milk (or cream) in your blender. It makes a smooth, thin drink that is easy to enjoy on your way to work or wherever you need to be each morning.
On mornings that I need an extra kick, I’ll add in a little bit more of the brewed coffee. Feel free to increase and decrease these a little to make your perfect Morning Mocha Java Smoothie.
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||SERVES|
|10 minutes||0 minutes||1|
- ½ cup coffee (We recommend our Organic Mocha Java Coffee Beans)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup of your choice of milk, cream, or milk alternative (almond milk, coconut milk)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1. Brew coffee and let it cool for a few minutes. You can also make this ahead of time and chill it in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- 2. Pour coffee, banana, milk, cocoa powder, and peanut butter into the blender.
- 3. Start the blender on a slow speed and turn it up to increase the speed and mix in your ingredients.
- 4. Pour it into your glass and enjoy!
Want a Thicker Morning Mocha Java Smoothie?
If you like a thicker smoothie, you can also add a few additional items to this Morning Mocha Java Smoothie. Here are some of my ideas:
1. Chia Seeds: These seeds pack a punch when it comes to fiber. They are a great addition and will help thicken up your smoothie a little. I usually soak them in water for a couple of hours or overnight to get the most benefit out of these seeds. Add one to two tablespoons.
2. Oats: Add 1/3 of a cup of oats to really thicken up this recipe and to add more nutrition. It will also help hold you over even more until your next meal.
3. Avocado: If you want additional fat and nutrients, avocados are a great addition. I usually add about ¼ to ½ of an avocado to my smoothies depending on what I have on hand.
Due to the other ingredients, you will not taste these at all, but they add both some thickness and a few more nutrients.
More Ways to Make this Morning Mocha Java Smoothie Recipe Your Own
Add Sweetness: For those of you that want something a little sweeter, add a drop or two of raw honey or maple syrup.
Additional Coffee Flavor: If you really love that coffee flavor, you can also add in a small amount of ground coffee. This will give you an extra boost of caffeine as well as that yummy mocha coffee flavor. I will typically add in just 1 teaspoon of our ground Mocha Java Organic Coffee.