Chocolate and Coffee Sugar Body Scrub
Are you looking for an easy recipe to make a Chocolate and Coffee Sugar Body Scrub from home? You are going to love our simple four ingredient recipe that you can make with just four simple steps.
Why is this one of our favorites? It combines two wonderful smells, coffee and chocolate, that bring comfort to many. Plus, coffee is good for the skin (reduces inflammation and redness). So, bring this comfort to your skin with a DIY body scrub. This exfoliating scrub is infused with oils, so not only does it smell wonderful, it will leave your skin feeling soft after use.
Once you realize how easy this is to make you'll no longer need to buy body scrub again and you can give as gifts too!
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||SERVES|
|10 minutes||0 minutes||n/a|
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 cup organic unrefined coconut oil
- 2-3 tbsp organic cocoa powder (depending on how rich you'd like it)
- 1/2 cup organic Coast Roast coffee (freshly ground)
- Grind coffee to a medium coarseness.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, cocoa, and ground coffee until well incorporated.
- Add the coconut oil and mix well. Add more coconut oil or raw sugar to adjust consistency. You want it to be soft and easily scoopable, not too runny and greasy. Mixture should be pretty dry, but clump together.
- Transfer mixture into jars or plastic containers for use in the bath.
Since this contains coconut oil, it will be more solid at cooler temps and softer at room temperature.
To Use: Mix with a little water, then rub all over skin and rinse. You can rub it on dry or wet.
How long will it last?
The great thing about homemade sugar scrubs is that they last a long time. Store them in an airtight container and they will last a month or two. If you store them in the fridge, they will last up to six months.
You can easily tell if the scrub is going bad as the smell will start to change.
Can you use it on your face too?
Since facial skin is more sensitive, we do not recommend using the Chocolate and Coffee Sugar Body Scrub on your face. The sugar makes it a little too harsh for the soft skin and can leave little tears.
Should I use it before or after my body wash?
Body scrubs help remove dirt and dry skin, so you will always want to use it first. After you wash it off, use some body wash or soap to remove the rest.
How often should you use the Chocolate and Coffee Sugar Body Scrub?
It’s best to use this up to 1 to 2 times a week. This way, it won’t hurt your skin and will leave you with a soft, silky feel.
Do I use it on wet or dry skin?
You will only want to use the Chocolate and Coffee Sugar Body Scrub on wet skin. With the sugar, you will find it is too difficult and damaging to use on dry skin.